Sunday, May 6, 2018

Love of my times


Time has passed. Seventeen years since this thought of Love hit me so strong. My wife Gowri is with me ever since then. If there is something which I have been passionate about in my whole life, it is my efforts to attract her while in college. Till date that is the best decision I have ever taken in life. We live happily since then. I am going to spend this part of my life peeling off my skin to realize the beauty of my own memories.

Pic: Naveen Gowtham fb.com/naveengowtham.ng

So, we are talking about the year 2000. Movies were more about boy sacrificing his blood, eyes, tongue, kidney, limbs or even life for her beloved. Those were the sacred love days where you can only fall in love with only one girl in your whole life. It will be christened as Sacred Love (Punithamaaana Kadhal). If it fails, you lose your life or stay single whole life. Words like break-up, affair were not much known. Live-in relationship is a crime society couldn’t think of. I did not even know that the word girlfriend only means a romantic relationship. I thought every girl who is a friend is a girlfriend and every boy who is a friend is a boyfriend.

The movies, especially songs of my days were the bible for the society to feel, interpret and understand Love. I think it might hold true for people of all ages. So, that’s how I think I was also groomed about the thought of Love.

Not just that, you have the whole group of close friends who fall for one girl or the other. One by one, all wickets were lost. You can’t stay single. So, I also started the feel to have the feeling.

Society thought me the theory and friends thought me practical. I was alone and waiting for my turn to get into the feeling. I join college. First day of college I guess. No, not really the first day; it was the admission day. I see her there. We were the only two students (with parents) at that time slot. You should know that I studied all my school days in a Boys-only school.

At the first sight I kind of had a good feeling for her, but not really ‘that’ ‘love’ feeling. Today it proves me that I didn’t fall flat like a cow hitting the pond after months of no water. It really didn’t hit me on the first meeting, but it certainly set directions. If you don’t believe in butterfly effects, you might believe it though my story..

Back then, you might know Computer Science was a secured option to get a Job. Her father asks for my score and I say I scored 923. She had scored a little less than me and was declined a seat in Computer Science. I got a Computer Science seat already confirmedJ. They had come to pay fee and confirm admission for Maths. They see a worthless guy like me securing a Computer Science seat. They did not pay the fee and decided to re-negotiate with the college.

I didn’t know of all these. I joined college. I went for the first day. I saw her walking into this room. In my mind I thanked her dad. That set the direction even focused. Still, I didn’t get ‘that ‘love’ feeling. But I was all destined to get that feeling soon. After all, butterflies don’t flutter at random.

‘that’ ‘love’ feeling shall be discussed in the next post soon..

No comments: